Friday, March 14, 2014

Weight up? and first cooking attempts from new book

Starting weight: 101,7 kg (223,74 lbs)
Today's weight: 98,8 kg (217,36 bs)
Total weight lost: 2,9 kg  (6,38 lbs)
Target weight: 70 kg

I gained 200 g! What the ...! But after going to the gym just twice, I already feel much better and also look better, trimmer ... now, I know that that is not possible, of course, but just an illusion. But it shows you what working out can do for you mentally!

So I started trying some recipes from Lindsay Nixon's Light and Lean cookbook.

The first one I tried, as it was SO SIMPLE and I had an old banana that had to be used up was Banana Chocolate Chip Scones (p. 52). Here's the result:


They look just like the ones in the book. Taste? Hm, they are sugar and fat free except for the chocolate pieces, so I guess what can you expect. The taste is actually really good. The consistency isn't at all scone-like. But they are worth it for the calories (125 each), and I think I will make them again.

Next up was the peanut sauce (Thai Peanut Dressing p. 140).



OMG ... so good!!! The sauce seemed a bit sweet at first, but tossed with noodles cooked in salt water, it was really good. I hoped to make two servings, but that didn't work out. (I didn't have soba noodles handy, so I used regular spaghetti.)

Next up are the Chickpea Tenders (p. 63). They are in the oven right now, so stay tuned to find out how that turned out ...!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment